“Your personal site cannot be created because a site already exists. Contact your site administrator for more information.”
You will face this error when you try to create your personal site using My Site option in SharePoint.
The reason is
- Consider the ID/Alias of the user trying to xxx.
- There will be a site already created with the same id/alias as that of the current user. (Ex – http:\\server\personal\xxx in our case)
- So just delete the site by going to Application Management-> Delete site collection.
- The above solution will work in case there is some discrepancy in the alias/display name.
- But this condition may also arise if you have multiple domain users accessing your portal (domain1\xxx and domain2\xxx). Such case the display name of any of the user have to be changed.
Hope it helps.. 🙂