Suppose you use Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer to customize the NewForm.aspx page of a list in SharePoint, you connect to the list by using a Web browser.You may face any of the following issues.
- You get this error message “An unexpected error has occurred” when you click an existing item in the list.
- Additionally, you might view the properties of the list in SharePoint Designer 2007 and then specify the NewForm.aspx page in the New item form box. When you do this, the NewForm.aspx page appears to be saved as the new item form when you click OK. However, the next time that you view the properties of the list, the New item form box is empty.
Reason for the issue : This issue occurs if you deleted the List Form Web Part from the NewForm.aspx page.
Solution : To resolve this issue, delete the list, and then re-create it. Then, customize the NewForm.aspx page. When you customize the NewForm.aspx page, make sure that you do not delete the List Form Web Part.
If you want to customize the controls that appear on the NewForm.aspx page, and if you do not want to show the default List Form Web Part, you can hide the List Form Web Part. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start SharePoint Designer 2007, and then open the NewForm.aspx page for the list.
- Right-click the List Form Web Part, and then click Web Part Properties.
- Expand Layout, click to select the Hidden check box, and then click OK.