Issue with SharePoint people picker

Posted: November 17, 2009 in People Picker

Last week while deployment we faced an issue in people picker. We needed to give permission to the users site from different domains. But it failed to resolve entities from a domain while other’s are working fine.

When working on this issue, we got a suggestion from a Microsoft support team. Create a security group in the frontend server and add the required users to it (Here you will get all the users from every domain). Use this group to give permission in the SharePoint site.

Of course this is a better way and Microsoft suggests this way of adding user permissions which mostly we fail to do.

But investigating more on this why this issue have occured for only a domain we found there is some issue with the network. For people picker to work we need some ports to be open from the other domain. Here is an article reading about it.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s